Insulated Flexible is used in standard Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems and some venting applications. The duct has R6 insulation which contains 33% more insulation than the standard R4.2 product. This additional insulation provides greater thermal efficiency to save energy. The product is also covered in a heavy duty, silver jacket for durability. It is easy to cut to desired length and light weight for easy installation. Because it is flexible, it is easy to run around and through obstacles in the building.This Flexible Duct is available in 25' lengths with raw ends. This product is easy to cut to desired length and install with all of The Sheet Metal Kid's sheet metal duc fittings.
- R6 fiberglass insulation for greater insulating power
- Flexible duct is convenient for use in multiple applications including heating & A/C systems and some venting
- Oversized core to connect quickly and easily to standard sheet metal fitting
- Galvanized core wire for greater corrosion resistance vs. non-galvanized wire
- Duct can be cut to length as needed
- FLEXIBLE DUCT AND GRILLES DO NOT COUNT TOWARD THE ORDER MINIMUM FOR FREE SHIPPING.
Installation Tips & Tricks — To cut flexible duct, use a steak knife from your kitchen drawer to cut through the outside jacket, fiberglass insulation and inner plastic core. Then cut the wire with a pair of wire cutters. To attach flexible duct to a sheet metal fitting, fold back outer jacket and fiberglass insulation. Insert sheet metal fitting into the inner core and fasten securely with duct tape. Fold fiberglass insulation and outer jacket back over the sheet metal fitting and secure with Zip Ties then pull insulation jacket back over duct fitting and wrap with duct tape.